BSP In the News
- The Hill: Frank Knapp, Small business opposes multinational corporations' tax avoidance
- Minimum Wage News at our BUSINESS FOR A FAIR MINIMUM WAGE website
- The Hill: Report: Taxpayers shoulder burden for offshore tax haven use
- Paramus Post (NJ): Offshore Tax Havens Cost Average Taxpayer $1,026 a Year, Small Businesses $3,067
- U.S. PIRG, Sen. Levin, Small Business Leaders Release "Picking up the Tab 2013: Average Citizens and Small Business Owners Pay the Price for Offshore Tax Havens"
- American Forum: Scott Klinger, Half Time at the Federal Budget Super Bowl
- Philadelphia Daily News: Talking Small Biz
- Triple Pundit: Don’t Blame Google and Starbucks For Minimizing Tax Bills
- Roll Call: Time for Plan C - Close the Floodgates on Corporate Tax Dodging
- CFO: Small Biz, the Fiscal Cliff, and the Big, Bad Bank
- Westerly Sun: Business leaders urge change in tax system
- McClatchy Tribune News Service: A plea for tax fairness from small businesses
- UPI: 'Fiscal cliff': Is there a Plan C to avoid tax increases, spending cuts?
- Madison Capital Times: Wisconsin business owners join national call to raise corporate taxes
- Charlotte Observer: Charlotte small business owners urge tax reform
- Politico: 'Revenue-neutral' tax reform takes hit
- National Journal: Sen. Levin, Small Businesses Push for Corporate Tax Hikes
- Washington Post: Sen. Levin wants corporate tax revenue in a fiscal cliff deal
- The Hill: Corporate revenues must be in debt deal
- Accounting Today: Small Business Leaders Urge Closing of Corporate Tax Haven Loopholes
CNN Money: Buffett Rule would only hit 1% of small business owners
By Jose Pagliery
CNN Money, April 16, 2012
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- When it comes to small businesses and the Buffett Rule, it really is about the 99%. That is, it's likely that only 1% of small business owners would be directly affected by the latest proposal to raise taxes on the rich, according to data from the U.S. Treasury Department. ...
Three advocacy groups -- the American Sustainable Business Council, Main Street Alliance and Small Business Majority -- have come out in support of the Buffett Rule bill put forth by Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse. Their survey of  small businesses shows that 57% support forcing millionaires to pay a higher tax rate. ...