BSP In the News
- The Hill: Frank Knapp, Small business opposes multinational corporations' tax avoidance
- Minimum Wage News at our BUSINESS FOR A FAIR MINIMUM WAGE website
- The Hill: Report: Taxpayers shoulder burden for offshore tax haven use
- Paramus Post (NJ): Offshore Tax Havens Cost Average Taxpayer $1,026 a Year, Small Businesses $3,067
- U.S. PIRG, Sen. Levin, Small Business Leaders Release "Picking up the Tab 2013: Average Citizens and Small Business Owners Pay the Price for Offshore Tax Havens"
- American Forum: Scott Klinger, Half Time at the Federal Budget Super Bowl
- Philadelphia Daily News: Talking Small Biz
- Triple Pundit: Don’t Blame Google and Starbucks For Minimizing Tax Bills
- Roll Call: Time for Plan C - Close the Floodgates on Corporate Tax Dodging
- CFO: Small Biz, the Fiscal Cliff, and the Big, Bad Bank
- Westerly Sun: Business leaders urge change in tax system
- McClatchy Tribune News Service: A plea for tax fairness from small businesses
- UPI: 'Fiscal cliff': Is there a Plan C to avoid tax increases, spending cuts?
- Madison Capital Times: Wisconsin business owners join national call to raise corporate taxes
- Charlotte Observer: Charlotte small business owners urge tax reform
- Politico: 'Revenue-neutral' tax reform takes hit
- National Journal: Sen. Levin, Small Businesses Push for Corporate Tax Hikes
- Washington Post: Sen. Levin wants corporate tax revenue in a fiscal cliff deal
- The Hill: Corporate revenues must be in debt deal
- Accounting Today: Small Business Leaders Urge Closing of Corporate Tax Haven Loopholes
Inc.: Inside Obama's Meeting with Entrepreneurs on the Fiscal Cliff
On Tuesday, President Obama met with 15 entrepreneurs from across the country to discuss the looming "fiscal cliff." Here's what happened behind the closed doors.
By Matthew Wong
Inc., Nov 29, 2012
When entrepreneur and Inc. 30 Under 30 alum Nikhil Arora received an email from the White House last Thursday to attend a small business meeting, he didn’t know exactly what to expect or even who from the Obama administration would be present. …
When the group arrived at the Roosevelt Room in the White House, they took their seats across from President Obama and senior White House staff members. Then, after water was served, they got down to it. The group launched into a conversation that covered a cross-section of topics, including capital gains taxes and middle class tax cuts to minimum wage and exports.
Because the 15 entrepreneurs at the meeting came from both venture-backed businesses and mom-and-pop stores across different business sectors, they each had specific economic points to recommend to the President. …
Dave Bolotsky, founder of online gift provider Uncommon Goods, said he advised the President to increase the minimum wage index relative to inflation and provide federal leadership on the issue of Internet sales tax. Meanwhile, Arora said he emphasized the importance of government-organized small business programs such as San Francisco’s Jobs Now! hiring program for local employees. ...
Copyright 2012 Inc.